Tapware and accessories comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, and finishes. Knowing which type of tapware is best for your bathroom can be challenging. So it’s worthwhile taking a few minutes to think about the type of tapware you need. You might find that you need to consider your personal preferences before deciding and buying the right bathroom tapware.
Factors to consider when choosing:
There are three main types of tapware- mixer taps, monobloc taps, and bath fillers. Mixer taps are the most popular type of tapware and can be used with either a bath or shower. Monobloc taps are single lever taps attached to the basin or sink. Bath fillers are taps attached to the side of the bathtub and are used to fill the bathtub with water. When choosing bathroom tapware, there are a few factors that you need to consider. The first factor is the number of taps you will have. If you have just one, you will be able to choose from mixer taps and monobloc taps.
- Start by assessing your needs. What are the main features you want in bathroom tapware? Do you need a water flow that is strong enough to handle large amounts of water, or do you only need a small stream?
- Look at the design of the tapware. It is important to choose a bathroom tapware that suits your bathroom style and décor. The shape of your taps will determine how the water flows out; affecting how the water sits on your skin after it has been used.
- Look at the size of your bathroom and think about how you will use the taps. Will you have small children who will be able to reach them easily? Are there other taps that are easily accessible?
- Consider the location of your taps. Are they close to where you need them to be? Do you need a tap in an inconvenient place, or will it be convenient for you? You might consider installing a shower rail if you have small children.
- Decide how you will mount your taps. Are they going to sit on a wall? Will you get a freestanding tap in the middle of the room? Or will you get a tap that will sit on the wall or be built into a vanity unit?
Types of bathroom tapware:
There are many different types of bathroom tapware on the market these days, and it can be hard to know which type is right for your home. One type of tap that is becoming increasingly popular is the waterfall tap. This type of tap features a single spout that pours water downwards in a waterfall-like fashion. This tap style is ideal for modern bathrooms as it creates a sleek and contemporary look.
Another popular type of bathroom tap is the mixer tap. As the name suggests, mixer taps allow you to mix hot and cold water to get the perfect temperature. They are perfect for households with mixed water heating systems, as they provide more flexibility in terms of water temperature.