When that caffeine-charged drink spills on fabric, you go into panic mode. Coffee is an amazing beverage that’s quite stubborn once it gets spilled. You can search for “cleaning services near me” and hire professionals to get those spills cleaned. On the other hand, you can also do it yourself by following these methods to clean coffee stains from office carpets.
- Cold water and soap – When there’s a spill and stain, it’s best to keep it simple and try washing it off with regular cold water from the tap. Keep a dry and damp towel close by and sponge out the stained area with the damp towel. After that follow up by blotting the affected area dry with a dry towel. Repeat this process and the stain should be removed if the spill is fairly recent.
- Vinegar and soap – Soap is quite powerful and may get rid of mild stains. Take a bit of detergent soap and rub it on the stained area. Allow that to sit on the stain for an hour or two and keep it moist by adding a few drops of water occasionally. Finally, rinsing it with clean water should get rid of the stain. After that blot the are
Instead of soap, you can also use household vinegar from the kitchen to get rid of the stain. Mix a bit of vinegar with water and scrub it on the stained region with a towel till it disappears. You can also add a few drops of lime juice or essential oil to the mix to mask the pungent vinegar smell. Otherwise, the carpet is going to keep smelling like vinegar for a few hours.
- Baking soda or toothpaste – Add a few drops of water to a small bowl with baking soda to make a paste out of it. Rub that paste on the stain and continue doing so till you get rid of it. Follow up with a rinse under the tap and dab it dry with a towel.
White bland toothpaste without any extra flavoring can also be very effective against coffee stains. Toothpaste acts like an exfoliator that can be rubbed on the stain to break down the coffee molecules. However, you need to rinse and repeat a few times with the toothpaste to completely purge the stain from your carpet.
- Beer – When one beverage stains your home office carpet, another one comes to the rescue. Get a can of beer and pour a small amount into the affected area. Rub the beer gently into the stain, rinse it when it gets a bit dark and repeat. Finally, rinse it clean with cold water and dab it dry with a new towel.
While cleaning coffee stains from carpets is not easy, clothes aren’t any better. Let’s check out how you clean coffee stains from clothes.
- Quick action – While you take a bit of time to process spills on your carpet and may take your sweet time to move a heavy carpet to the sink, the same doesn’t hold for regular clothes. If you’re quick enough, you can get rid of major spills with just cold water. If the coffee stain is fresh, rinse the fabric immediately under cold water. After you get rid of the stain, you can throw it inside the washer.
- Conventional options – Clothes are made of much lighter and easy-to-wash fabrics. That’s why all the options that work on carpets would work on regular clothes as well. That means you can use toothpaste, baking soda, vinegar, soap, and beer to clean out coffee stains from your clothes. Follow the above-mentioned cleaning methods and you’ll be good. Let’s check out a few unconventional options.
- Baby powder – Baby powder sounds like the strangest solution for getting rid of coffee stains. However, homeowners who have experienced its effects swear by it. Sprinkle a bit of baby powder on the stain and let it rest for a few minutes. The powder should soak in all or most of the stain from the cloth. After that, you just need to brush off the baby powder and wash the cloth as you would normally do. If one sprinkling of baby powder doesn’t work, you can repeat the process a couple of times.
- Egg yolk – Egg yolk comes as an even bigger surprise for cleaning coffee stains. Start by whisking an egg yolk while incorporating as much air into it as possible. Next, rub it on the stained fabric for a couple of minutes and rinse it down to kill the stain. However, the fabric would continue to smell like eggs and that’s why it’s best to throw it into the washer with a mild detergent.
- Stain pen – If you have a couple of coffee cups every day and are clumsy enough, you may be seeing too many spills over the week. That means you need a more robust and immediate solution. That’s where the stain pen comes in. you can carry it anywhere with you and get rid of a stain on the go. They are also very user-friendly. Get rid of the stain residue from the cloth and press the tip of the pen into the stain a few times. Next, rub the tip gently in a circular motion to remove the stain.
- Shaving cream – Shaving cream has a lot of similar materials to soap. Some of them even have ingredients like activated charcoal. All you need to do is place the foam on the stain and gently work it into the stain. Finish it off by rinsing away the foam along with the stain.
As you can see, you do not need to be afraid of coffee spills when you have the right methods to deal with the spills. Quick action and the right cleaning supplies will get the job done. On the other hand, if you want a more thorough cleaning, you can search for “cleaning services near me” and hire professionals for the job.