Choosing the right window treatments for your home can sometimes be daunting. The way they hung can significantly affect how much heat, light, and noise comes inside. Also, ensure that the window coverings you choose match the interior of your home and create a sense of warmth, depth, and seclusion. Lace curtains are a solution that fits all these criteria. They are beautiful and elegant and can be a focal point in any room where they are placed. However, they are sometimes difficult to clean. Because they mostly come in light shades, they can often become stained or dusty. Luckily, there are many ways to restore their original freshness. Keep reading this guide for simple ways how to clean your lace curtains.
Different Techniques To Clean Your Lace Curtains
If you want to clean your lace Curtain like a professional, you may need to follow the simple steps. However, checking out the manufacturer’s instructions before following these steps is very important.
Method To Wash Lace Curtains By Hand
You may need to wash your lace curtains by hand approximately twice a year. This is one of the safest ways to clean these curtains, especially if made with high-end lace.
- Add cold water to a bucket along with a mild, dye-free laundry detergent and mix until bubbles begin to appear.
- Start dropping down the panels of lace curtains in the mixture and swirl them around gently for a couple of minutes. Let the fabric sit for 10 to 10 minutes in the solution.
- Remove your curtains from the mixture and rinse with cool water.
- Squeeze out the liquid as much as possible; avoid wringing, as it can damage the lace.
- Hang these curtains over a clothesline or lay them over the bath towels placed on the floor to dry.
Method to Wash Lace Curtains in the Washing machine
You can also clean your lace curtains in the washing machine if they are made of durable lace.
- Put each panel in a separate fine-mesh bag and wash on a low-temperature setting and the gentlest cycle.
- Hang them to dry.
Ways To Remove Stains From Lace Curtains
- If hand or machine-washing doesn’t remove the stains completely, mix a cup of distilled water with ¼ cup of lemon juice or white vinegar. Apply this solution to the affected area and let it sit for10 minutes before rinsing with clean water.
- For deeper stains, soak your lace curtains in a solution that’s one part vinegar to four parts water for half an hour. Rinse with cold water and let them dry.
With the steps given in this guide, you can now have a better idea of how to clean your lace curtain with different methods. Remember to choose the right material and style before making your final decision as luxury laces are very difficult to clean at home. If you can’t clean lace curtains at home, you can take help from professional cleaning company.